- A flight from Santorini to Athens
- A bus ride from Athens airport to Patras (about 2 hours)
- A night in Patras since we had just missed ferry to Bari by an hour and had to wait til the next one left the next day
- A 15 hour overnight ferry ride with seats on the deck of the ferry. Repeat: on the cold, windy, sooty deck of the ferry. We eventually laid down on the actual ferry deck to get some sleep and woke up damp and sooty. Ew.
- Another ferry ride the day we arrived in Bari to Dubrovnik. While this ferry ride was only scheduled to take 8 hours, it left 2 hours late and took 10 hours. The sea was very choppy and everyone on the entire ferry was sick but us. It looked like a war zone: there were little (used) sea sickness bags everywhere and other passengers had simply laid down on the floor to get some relief. Dana went to the ladies restroom and came back shaken.
We arrived in Dubrovnik exhausted, and in dire need of a shower. We met a very nice Croatian couple at the ferry that rents out rooms and stayed with them that night. They were so warm and welcoming and gave us a glass of homemade wine on their terrace to welcome us. Turns out it was the exact same couple Dana had stayed with the first time she was in Croatia almost 6 years ago!
We rented an apartment here and a little scooter. Scott is a rockstar driver on the scooter and Dana enjoys being a passenger. We zoom around on it to the beach and to the old town for dinner. People think were Euro because of the scooter and will periodically ask us questions. We are amused.
The Adriatic sea is lovely, cool, refreshing and so clean. Except there are sometimes little balls of algae that look like small balls of poop. The first time we saw them, we were a bit taken aback, but upon closer inspection figured out what they were. Weve crafted a song that we will be glad to perform called the ˝Poop looking balls of Algae blues.˝
It goes something like this:
Ever since I was born
At least since I was 2
Been swimmin away from
algae looking balls of pooh
little brittle brown balls
just floatin around
oh how I wish
they would just sink down
I took a deep look
At the coral reef
And a poop looking ball of Algae
Got stuck in my teeth!
Aint no thing
for a poop fanatic
just dont you poop
in my Adriatic
Poop looking balls of algae
OH OH LORD...
We´ve also realized that perhaps we have too much time on our hands. Or, we´re behaving like 13 year olds. Or perhaps both.
So now we finish this post while seriously rocking out Eastern European style to Guns n Roses (November Rain got Scott headbanging). So until our next post, farewell from Paradise City. We'll be thinking of you, because everybody needs somebody. You're not the only one... YEAHHHH